Postnatal Pilates Classes
Bounce Back is my postnatal Pilates classes, ideal whether you have had a natural birth or recent C-section. Pregnancy and birth weakens pelvic floor and abdominal muscles.
Alison Hogan Pilates method is modified specifically to address mummy tummy re-toning concerns. Engaging your core muscles and pelvic floor during Pilates is a great way develop body tone again.
Bounce Back is an enjoyable class to get back your toned body and start feeling re-energised. It is very much an individual class as much as your pregnancy. As part of enrolment, I chat to everyone individually to assess your goals and concerns so you are confident and get the most out of the class.
The beautiful part of these classes is you can bring your little one along with you. You have a class you can relax and enjoy while your baby is with you.
Benefits of Bounce Back
- These classes aren’t just for cosmetic purposes; weak or separated abdominal muscles can lead to mild or serious back issues. A weakened pelvic floor can lead to bladder control problems or worse.
- The Alison Hogan Pilates Method pulls the sagging abdominal muscles layer by layer and in the case of a C-section, the technique facilitates a ‘knitting’ together of the deepest layer.
- Tones your abdominals
- Develops awareness and correction of common postural changes associated with pregnancy
- Improve mobility and strength of the mid-upper back which can feel stiff and weakened during pregnancy
- Strengthen gluteal (buttock) muscles increasing lower back and pelvic stability
- Loss of bladder control is extremely common after giving birth. Bounce Back rehabilitates your deep abdominal muscles restoring pelvic floor muscles.
- Increases the blood flow to the uterus and therefore works the muscle by tightening it.
- Relieves neck pain experienced by nursing mothers.
- Increases energy levels and promotes relaxation
Get that strong, toned body after your pregnancy and feel fantastic with Alison Hogan Pilates!