Active Age 50+
My Active Age 50+ is dedicated to older ladies and gents who believe in a strong, healthy active lifestyle. As we age, it is important we look after our bodies maintaining good body function, tone, flexibility, and range of movement in our joints. Exercise is important at every stage in life. Active Age 50+ is gentle and effective. You are helping to prevent and fight against postural problems, back and muscle weakness, bone thinning and other issues such as incontinence.
Active Age 50+ is a seated and standing series I have specially designed for the older person. Classes are 1 hour in length based in a comfortable and welcoming studio environment. These classes are slow and gentle. They do not require you to get up and down from the floor. I provide individual attention for pre-discussed conditions. There are several different pieces of equipment used during this class. This ensures you work at your individual level. Everyone learns their personal limitations to achieve their goals.
Over time, our body loses flexibility, strength, and mobility. We become stiff, sore and not functioning as well as it once did. As we age our muscles weaken and loose flexibility. There is a direct link with this and the onset of many degenerative diseases such as Osteoporosis, Stenosis, Compression Fractures, Arthritis, Adult Scoliosis, Disc Degeneration, Degenerative Spondylolisthesis, and Sciatica. GP’s and physiotherapists recommend Pilates to maintain a strong, healthy body. Pilates is also highly recommended during recovery from breast cancer, in preparation for and post op for prostate cancer and for any incontinence issues.
Active Age 50+ is designed for:
• Preventing some conditions
• Become pain-free from muscular or skeletal conditions
• Maintaining muscle strength and tone
• Building core strength to enhance good posture and back health
• Improved sleep patterns, relaxation, and memory
• An outlet for stress using a strong focus on the use of the breath
• A new outlook toward exercise with a system anyone of any age, fitness level or physical limitations can do
• An improved ability during cardio exercises such as walking, golfing etc. due to improved core and back strength